lol yes that’s me !
Hey guys so I’ve been MIA.. supper busy living my best life! I wanted to let you know what I’ve been doing. I started a new business venture (which I will share soon) 🙂 it has been rewarding and HARD WORK.
I also got married and I have been kickin it with BOO! (All Smiles) I tell you time is flying and that brings me to my topic… WEIGHT GAIN…
Yes, since getting married 12-5-15 I have gained about 30 pounds! which is crazy..but I have traveled.. ate good.. late nights..parties.. and drinking wine. However, with weight gain means depression!! Don’t get me wrong I have great self-esteem and I love myself any SIZE but I suffer like everyone else with weight loss. It can really effect my mood.. SO I am taking charge of my health and my attitude.
So below I invite you to join in my weight loss journey / self love journey! My goal is to drop the next 20 pounds by August! Hope you all will join me.
I will share my top 10 tips for weight loss! I have loss 10 pounds so far and I know these tips will help you 🙂
My Top Tips for weight loss
- Drink yo water!- That’s right get a gallon jug and get busy. I drink this everyday.. it is the key to weight loss. Your skin will glow and you will feel FULL! I squeeze fresh lemon or lime to help me drink it.
- Stop Eating out– This is how I gained my weight. Eating all the wrong foods- You will save money and you will know exactly how your food was prepared. Now you still can eat clean out (which I do ) but not Everyday! My Top favorite healthy places to eat out are
- #1. ZAZA’s– I get the Greek salad- add roasted chicken for protein
- #2 any steak place- Order Grill chicken or steak (with no butter) add sautéed spinach and broccoli ( no salt added) always double veggies stay away from the carbs.
- Wake up with your goal in mind. It is mental! You need to have a daily reminder of your goal. My alarm on my phone has a positive message to help motivate me I also have a quote in my bathroom. I have a photo of the beach and a countdown app on my phone ( this has a stop watch). I used this for my wedding it was a cool countdown to help me realize how much longer I have before reach my goal.
Meal Prep: I know you think it is a pain but it is the Key! I go to the grocery store everyweek & pre prep my food. I purchased some great food containers! I love them! I get them from amazon of course here are the exact ones I order here . I don’t like my food to touch (lol).
- This is my typical shopping list:
24 carton eggs, chicken breast, salmon, tuna, cheese, salad, frozen veggies, greek yogurt, bacon, water, salad dressing, pickles, fresh lemons & Limes, Avocado, tomatoes, onion, cucumber and zucchini.
Spices: I love Mrs. Dash ( no salt seasoning), ground Pepper, garlic (fresh and Powder), Red pepper flakes and onion powder.
Typical Shopping Cart!
- Check out some of my favorite meals below!
Parmesan Sauteed Spinach
Grilled Talipa topped with lemon
Grilled Chicken with onions, mushooms, fresh squeeze lemon
Supplements: I purchase the majority of my items from amazon! So easy to order.
- I take VitaYums All natural multivitamin ( I take a gummy) I know lol but the others make me sick! The multivamin is all natural vegertarian and so tasty – good!
- Krill Oil – I take Krill Oil . Why? This is a MUST for FAT LOSS. You need a Fish oil, if you take Krill oil you will not have any FISHY aftertaste. Krill oil contains two types of omega 3 acids called EPA and DHA. They help balance cholesterol levels and blood pressure levels in the body.
- Coq10 Ubiquinone– I take this to support healthy blood pressure, blood pressure is in my family so I’m always concerned… the truth is when I started taking this regularly my blood pressure really did go down!
- BCAA’S amino acids – BCAA powder is a high performance amino acid formula ideal for leg day! This will help you preserve and build lean muscle which will lead to faster results and better performance! I sip it during my workouts.
- Drink Black coffee before your workout and you can try Yohimbe supplement which is (natural fat burner ) I have taken fat burners in the past this one is more natural.
- Workout simple:– If you want results like mine, I would suggest cardio & weight training. I would work out 5-6 days a week for 45-60 mins.
- I work out smart.. keep your body guessing.
- Monday – I start with legs (because It is the largest muscle group and I need energy)
- Tuesday- Arms & interval HITT on tredmill
- Wednesday- Back & upperbody. Min of 20 mins of interval HITT on treadmill incline 15)
- Thursday- HITT (circuit training with weights,jump rope, box jumps, jumping jacks ..etc ) then end with interval treadmill incline 15)
- Friday – Active rest day! No gym
- Saturday- spin class, walking or anything outside
- Sunday – Rest day or light like yoga
- If you are just starting off I would walk! Above may be about much for you.. Just get moving now!. I have my gym clothes in my car ready to go! this is the only way. If I go home after work I will not go.
- No alcohol– Yep you heard correct. This one is hard for me because I live for a good cocktail & I drink beer. If you must drink I would do Vodka , Squeeze lime and diet soda. To be honest… I plan on adding this one back in my diet. But in moderation, currently I cant afford for it to ruin my diet..plus alcohol is NOT good for you.
I sure hope these this info helps you – They are just tips to help you. This is what works for me and you should always talk to your doctor before starting any weight loss Journey.
Below is my typical meal plan to lose weight quick
My Low carb day Typical meal plan
Typical Breakfast- 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon and 1/2 avocado
Typical Lunch- Tuna packet ( plain with water), salad with tomato & cucumber. Or chicken salad
Typical Dinner- 4-5 oz Blacken salmon, Sauté spinach topped with parmesan, fresh tomatoes and cumber salad
Snacks– Sugar Free Jello, Green Tea, Beef Jerky, Deli turkey and cheese cubes, bacon, tuna, protein and veggies are FREE Foods!! you also can keep Tuna Packets in your work bag or purse My favorite favor is Starkist Tuna Pouch Sweet & Spicy.
Favorite Low carb Protein Bars that taste great!- I love Muscle Pharm Combat Crunch Bars Chocolate Chip cookie Dough , Quest Protein Bar, and Atkins Protein Bars.
Protein Drinks: I also have 2-3 Low carb protein drinks each day. I love Atkins Shakes Café Caramel flavor and ProtiDiet high protein Pink Lemonade because it tastes like Pink Lemonade… yummy who does not love that!
Okay so ….. now this meal plan seems hard but I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks doing this. After 2 weeks I add fruit & natural peanut butter in my diet but only one serving daily.
Please let me know how your journey goes! Below are some of my struggle pics lol